April 20, 2008

Time to Breathe

Today was a busy Sunday for me and my family. Well, more for me than for the kids. I spoke in Sacrament meeting today and my topic was tithing. I was asked to speak about 3 weeks ago and the topic was to pick a conference talk that I really enjoyed. So, while watching conference, I was really trying to be in tune with the Spirit to choose the talk that needed to be shared with my ward. Elder Sheldon Child's talk really spoke to me and so tithing became my topic.
There is no way on this earth that I would have been able to write this talk without the help of the Spirit and for that I am truly grateful. I also taught the Relief Society lesson today about the restoration of the Priesthood and I certainly would not have been able to convey the lesson without the help of the Spirit. So, thank you Heavenly Father for looking out for me and for the rest of the people who would hear me speak. Thank you for the inspiration, the experiences, the challenges and everything that helped me with today's tasks.
My parents were troopers today also as they had the job of managing the children while I was on the stand. My firstborn kept himself busy with writing and drawing. My second born fell asleep on grandpa and my last, well, she was trying to get my attention and ended up out in the hallway with grandma. My mom said when I started to speak, Sage started looking all around for me in the hallway. She could hear my voice and was wondering where mom was. Needless to say, she got frustrated and I could hear her bawling out in the hall. After the meeting, my mom brought her back in and she was asleep, but she was sniffling like she had a hard cry. Oh my heartstrings!
I love my children and I cannot wait for Toby to come home and share his adventures in Paris.

1 comment:

Lael said...

Busy busy you! All of that without your hubby to help! Well, it sounds like he had a busy time helping others in France. Did you type your talk? Can you post it?