April 7, 2008

Snowy April Day

Snowy day today. It snowed, then it was sunny only to be followed with snow yet again. I baked bread today and it worked. It seems anytime I try to show someone how to make bread - it never turns our right - even though I do the exact same thing with the exact same ingredients. Michelle came over today to use my blender to whiz up her tomatoes for salsa.

My children and I bought seeds for our garden today. I selected the varieties that I buy at the store, for example: English cucumbers, French green beans, red and yellow bell peppers. I am so excited yet I know I must be patient. We also picked up a watering can that will be a much coveted piece of equipment this summer.

The boys tested the watering can today and it works well. They ended up watering the dog with the hose and getting themselves drenched - smiling all the way. Did I mention it was snowing during this watery bliss.

Toby's website is looking really good. Professional. He is really learning the tools of his trade.

One of my greatest accomplishments today was running 3 miles. Yea! I felt really good and not killing myself. I took it nice and easy. I hope my body doesn't rebel by throwing out my back again, but man oh man, it felt good. The shower tonight felt great also - nothing like getting the salt off. I hate to admit, but I don't remember when I last showered either....the blessing and the curse of ponytail hair.

I am speaking in Sacrament Meeting on the 20Th and I think I will talk about tithing. I was asked to share a conference talk and I have 13 minutes. I want to be well prepared so hopefully I can.

Well, off to bed. One last thing. This evening Skyler went downstairs to get his blankie and we didn't see him again. Somewhat worried, I went downstairs and found him curled up in the laundry basket covered with his blankie. Freshly dried laundry was scattered all over the floor and he was lost in peaceful slumber. Oh Skyler - the boy who can fall asleep just about anywhere. BTW, he is still asleep too.

No comments: