April 9, 2009

Talents

I love to cook. I love to collect recipes. I have to visit the gym 3-4 times per week, but I will make the sacrifice to continue these hobbies.

During my time on Facebook, I was able to visit old friends, see their pictures and admire the contributions they were making to society. However, along with this admiration came envy. I became so envious of my "friends" talents that I forgot that I had any that would be noteworthy. I mean what is so fantastic about cooking and collecting delicious, decadent, and dreamy recipes.

Well, let me tell you - I can whip out tasty and nutritious meals with minimal ingredients and no recipe in sight. I can bake my own bread that is actually eaten and enjoyed - even when room temperature without butter, honey or jam.

I just love knowing what to do with food. Knowing how to cook it, season it, preserve it. Sometimes I feel like a magician - most of the time magic occurs - sometimes I flop. But nonetheless, I love the look on people's faces when they are enjoying the fruits of my labors and talents. So thank you talent fairy for bestowing this gift upon me. I love it and will continue to make good use of this fantastic noteworthy gift.

1 comment:

Lael said...

Now you are spreading the envy. I want that talent. Lucky Toby.