April 26, 2009

Food Blogs

Today I am home nursing to health a sick daughter. While in the act of comforting her fevered brow, I happened upon a new food blog named Smitten Kitchen, found at the url of the same name. I found this new food blog through one of my favorites - The Pioneer Woman. What is it about food and pictures of food and experiences with food that draws me in like a moth to a light? I dunno.

I love looking at the creation photos (this seems to be the latest and greatest - documenting in photos the process of cooking) and most importantly - I like getting new ideas for meals to grace my own kitchen table. Meals such as tortilla de patatas and huevos rancheros. Or perhaps I will surprise my family with a little something from the Pioneer Woman, such as her much acclaimed "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake....Ever!" But whatever I may fancy, I know it will be good because, I mean if they say it is "The best chocolate sheet cake...ever!" then it is!

Look for more of my favorite food blogs on the right and I will see you at the gym!

2 comments:

Hardy Party said...

Melissa, I'm glad I found your blog... I love to cook too, and I'm trying to get to the gym 3 or 4 times a week to burn it off..
Sondi

Lael said...

That is so funny ... Trieste just blogged about Pioneer Woman, and one of my friends just got me on that blog too. Seriously funny.