December 4, 2008

Minutes

Why does the minute needed to use mouthwash take forever? This morning while I used my new mouthwash, ACT, I was surprised to see how long that required minute took. Minutes pass by all the time without notice, but I knew each second of this minute intimately. Thankfully , my ACT wasn't burning the top layer off my mouth or dissolving my tooth enamel like other less gentle brands (Listerine anyone?).

I remember having to sit on a chair for being naughty and that 5 minutes, just 300 seconds, was beyond eternal. Not able to talk, nothing to do was pure torture. Funny, now I would enjoy 5 minutes or so of peace, no answering 5 billion questions, facilitating needs....Interesting how perspective changes.

1 comment:

Dru said...

My dad has a chapter in one of his books titled Just A Minute. I'll send it to you. I'm sure you will find it amuzing and entertaining.