November 10, 2008

Take a Breather

Proposition 8 passed in California with 52% of the vote. In the days that followed, I am appalled at the "hate" that I read about in the news and on the radio. Yes, this is a heated issue. Yes, there are super strong feeling involved -- BUT -- people should not forget who they are - human beings- not animals, spoiled brats who demonstrate loudly, destructively and embarrassingly. Come on folks! I am not telling you to get over it, but I am telling you to show some respect for other human beings. You may say "Well, they did not show respect to me by taking away my (same sex) marriage." Violence, destruction of property and using profanity only shows how immature and selfish you really are. When Prop 22 was overruled by 4 judges did you see supporters of Prop 22 demonstrating in front of your religious places? Did you hear news reports of bullying and property destruction? No. You saw quiet dignity. I suggest you do the same.

1 comment:

Emily said...

well said. i agree completely.