January 22, 2008

Life Changes

I was thinking today that Toby and I have had quite a few major life changes during the past year. First we moved from California to Utah. We purchased a home, moved again, and had a baby two days later. Toby was laid off from his job, and we are strongly considering running our own business. So, it has been a really fast year for us. I thought I would be completely stressed out - considering our current state of economical uncertainty, but I am not. I can only say that the peaceful feeling in my heart and mind comes from God. I am very grateful. Toby and I feel good about this situation - sometimes it is good to be forced to do something difficult so that you can have something better. Our prospects look really good. For those who know Toby, he is a really great planner. So who knows (well someone knows) how and what we will do but all I know is that this is the right thing for our family at this time.

2 comments:

Wife of a Traveler said...

we are thinking and praying for you all melissa. Keep us posted! Love Trieste

Lael said...

No kidding, a few changes for you guys. I'm thrown for a loop when the library closes early. What does it take (besides the tender mercy of God) to be able to bend so gracefully with change? My mom was (is) a master at it. Do you think Toby inherited that?