January 10, 2008

Let it Snow!!!


Oh how we love the snow. It let's us use the plow. Plow the streets, plow the walks but best of all the plow.



Ok, my feeble attempt at song writing. Thanks for the kind comments on the blog. We woke up yesterday morning to seven inches of thick, moisture laden snow. I had a dentist appointment in Pleasant Grove and it was the most harrowing drive I have ever experienced. But I must say that driving on my own neighborhood streets is a lot of fun - plowing through piles of snow, driving in the slush and spraying it everywhere - I have missed this during the past 5 years!



Zip, formerly known as Bear, is a sweet dog. So far, we have not had any accidents (that I can find or smell) and she is very patient towards the kids. I have even trained her to not lick Sage's face. The only thing that is quirky right now is that she does not want to eat her dog food so she just follows you around the kitchen hoping for a few morsels to drop to the ground. Needless to say, my kitchen floor is always crumb free.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa,
Great to see you and the kids enjoying Utah life. Miss talking with you. Did your boys just "almost love their new sister to death? " Jordan my grandson literally can't keep his mouth and hands off of his new little sister! He leans on her, hugs her and pokes and prods if she falls asleep! I hate to constantly be saying "that's good, that's enough" , "stop that", " get off" etc etc. My boys were 9+years apart, so I never really dealt with this. I'm sure it's common, but how did you deal? I figure she's going to be a tough cookie though!!! Anyway, great seeing your family...
Take good care,
Michelle of Womb with a View

Lael said...

Not so much like Duchess ... the coloring is wrong, but the face is similar. I'll have to see him move, Duchess had a particular way of moving.