September 29, 2009

Mustard Pickles

While Toby was out of town a couple weeks ago, I purchased the Ball Complete Book of Canning. And now, thanks to the great recipes in that book, I have at least a 2 years supply of mustard pickles sitting on my shelves. I don't understand my obsessive compulsive behavior when it comes to projects, but I am sure I will be glad to have the 20 pints of mustardy goodness on my shelves in the winter. (I can't tell you how many times people say that I will be glad to have the grape juice, pears, plum leather and now mustard pickles in the winter. I wonder why only the winter?)

2 comments:

Lael said...

Yum. How many jars of mustard pickles is a two years supply? I will probably be going THIS afternoon to buy a pressure canner. I've wanted one for a loooong time. I'd love to sample your mustard pickles!

Leslie said...

I've never tried that one but it sounds good! I've enjoyed bread & butter pickles though and dill pickles. Dill were especially easy to can.